Is Modec MDF-500 safe to use around people?
Yes. The Modec fogger is environmentally safe - it’s EPA registered and approved for use in California. After our fog dries, there will be a microscopically thin (invisible) dry film on all horizontal surfaces. This is simply damp-moped or wiped from the hard surfaces and floors after 8-10 hours.
What about around plants?
Yes, they are either removed or covered during the fogging process.
And around pets?
Pets as well as humans must vacate the property during the fogging process and remain out for 8-10 hours. Fish can remain in aquariums which get draped.
Sensitive furniture is draped so no fog settles on the finished surface.
Around painted surfaces?
There is no negative effect on painted surfaces.
Around electronic equipment?
All electrical devices should be un-plugged during the fogging process. Extensive testing has been done on computer components and no adverse effects have been shown from our fogging processes.
What’s in it?
Modec MDF-500, is a patented, proprietary, mold-killing chemical composed of a hydrogen peroxide base product developed at a USA government national laboratory, Sandia National Laboratories for the destruction and neutralization of chemical and biological warfare agents.
This formulation is designed for the decontamination and mitigation of chemicals (mycotoxins) and biological pathogens. It is a non-toxic, non-corrosive formulation for the deactivation and neutralization of mold and mold by-products. The formulation is environmentally benign (i.E. Non-toxic and non-corrosive) and works on all materials and surfaces. Application of MDF-500 as a decontaminate fog is used to satisfy a wide variety of operational objectives.
How long has it been used?
Development of the original base formulation occurred during the period of January 1997 to July 1999. Sandia National Laboratories, under the direction of the US Government developed a formulation that was very effective at decontaminating chemical and biological warfare agents. In July 1999 field-testing of the base formulation began. In October 1999 the process to commercialize the decontamination formulation for licensing of the product to private companies was initiated.
Why is your mold-killing chemical solution better?
No other product has been found to both, kill mold and neutralize mycotoxins, while being non-toxic, non-corrosive, non-flammable and environmentally friendly. Additionally, this product is the most cost- effective process available that can eliminate mold and mold by-products (mycotoxins). Mdf-500 drastically reduces the mold remediation expense by eliminating many of the steps that old fashioned methods required.
What is “fogging” and why is it better?
Application of our mold-killing solution with a commercial fogging machine produces an aerosolized fog with particulate sizes ranging from 5 to 20 microns. This method is particularly effective in the decontamination of mold-affected areas because it allows the chemical to linger in the air longer and thus is able to decontaminate not only all of the exposed surface areas but all of the air space as well. It bonds with the mold spores which range in size from 5 to 15 microns to more effectively eliminate them. This means all areas are treated at once thus ensuring complete decontamination. The fog droplets penetrate deep into nooks and crannies where other sprays and foams can’t go.
Can you decontaminate our heating and a/c ducts?
Yes. As part of our operation we disperse our fog solution into the cold air returns of your HVAC system to decontaminate the surfaces from mold, mold spores, mycotoxins and bacteria. The HVAC filter is removed prior to treatment to allow for better air flow throughout the system and a newvfilter replacement upon completion.
What if i only have mold in one area?
If mold is found to be growing anywhere within a building, its spores are very likely present in other areas of the building as well. These spores are not only growing on surfaces but airborne as well. If the mold is producing toxic chemicals (mycotoxins), you will have toxic chemicals in the building as well. Old fashioned mold remediation methods do not address spore dispersal. In other words; remediating one particular area within a moldy building does not address the full scope of the contamination.
Are there any after effects from the fogging?
No negative effects have been identified as a result of the fogging treatment. The dried fog does settle onto horizontal surfaces and leave a microscopically thin dry film which is wiped off the exposed hard surfaces before the areas are returned for occupancy.
Does your mold-killing chemical make the mold disappear?
No. Our process is very effective at killing all of exposed mold, all visible contaminated material is removed.
What if my home needs to pass a mold clearance test?
We require that be performed by an Indoor Environmental Professional (IEP) upon completion of remediation activities. This is for several reasons; to assure that we have done our job properly by returning your indoor environment to an acceptable level and to provide you with documentation that you can use when you sell your house that your mold issue was addressed professionally and resolved properly.
Does your chemical neutralize smoke and pet odors?
Yes, depending on the type of odor and the material effected it is very effective at neutralizing smoking odors, pet odors and most other organic odors.
Will the fogging have to be done more than once?
In some circumstances of heavy contamination, some thicker mold colonies may need to be physically removed then the area re-fogged on a spot basis.
What if there is hidden mold inside my walls or under the carpet?
Visibly contaminated finished items such as drywall, carpet, carpet pad, etc. Shall be removed exposing any hidden mold.
How deep will the fogging penetrate?
We can decontaminate surfaces of carpeting and upholstery with our fogging method but if deeper decontamination is needed it may be necessary to dispose of the item. Visibly discolored soft contents should be disposed of.
What will our property smell like after treatment?
Your home or building will have a fresh, clean smell similar to that of the disinfectant hydrogen peroxide. This light smell will typically dissipate quickly over the following two to three days.
Can you come out and inspect our house for mold?
Yes, we utilize an independent third party of certified indoor environmental professionals to provide independent evaluations and post remediation validation testing.
I am very sensitive to chemicals. How can i know the chemical you use won’t adversely affect me?
This is the safest and most environmentally friendly product we have ever used. We have treated homes for many people who are highly sensitive to chemicals and odors and it has never been an issue. In addition, we have treated properties belonging to people with immune deficiencies, not only did they have to be very clean of mold spores but had to be toxin and odor free as well.
Can we call other customers you have done this work for?
Yes, we will provide you with a list of references.
Do you provide any guarantee?
Yes, our guarantee is that you pass clearance or we clean and retreat for free, once you take possession we can not be responsible for the control and maintenance of your property.
Contact us today to learn more.