Attic Area Issues
Exceedingly high temperatures are generated within the Attic Areas. The higher air temperatures the more moisture or water vapor the air holds. When the air rapidly cools down at night the moisture has limited places to go and condenses on the attic interior and can at a minimum contribute to mold grow. If the condensation is server enough it can contribute to dry rot, termites, ants, structural damage, etc.
- Assure there are sufficient attic vents and that they are not blocked by insulation.
- Our installation of an Attic fan is a good solution to reducing moisture and excessive heat from your attic. These fans serve two purposes they reduce the excessive heat in the attic and help keep your house cooler without air conditioning.
- The addition of insulation helps keep the attic air cooler as well as the house. The cooler air will not hold as much moisture as hotter air.
Living Area Issues
A healthy indoor environment is affected by may conditions; water intrusion, humidity, fresh air make up, contents textures and finishes, geographical location, dust, dander, types of heating systems, etc.
- First and foremost repair any water intrusion issues, sewer backups, water leaks, etc. as soon as possible and have the area Professional dried out.
- Remember “It is the water you don’t see that will cause the problem?”
- Eliminate clutter, clutter creates microclimates where humidity is higher than the ambient humidity in the room. Mold develops because clutter blocks airflow, and your HVAC system can’t process air properly.
- Keep some windows open at least a crack this will; allow fresh air into the environment (very important), localize the temperature at the window reducing the probability of condensation, equalize the humidity from the inside to the outside, allow for air movement, etc.
- Put Bathroom exhaust fans on a timer and allow them to run for between 20 and 30 minutes with the Bathroom door closed.
- If there are no fans in the Bathroom leave the Bathroom window open slightly with the Bathroom door closed for at least several hours.
- Make sure all exhaust fans and drier vents are ducted to the exterior, not the crawl space or attic.
- Make sure there is an exhaust fan installed in the Kitchen which is vented to the exterior especially if you cook pasta or rice.
- People who have allergies or asthma should consider non fabric contents coverings and hard surface flooring materials.
- HVAC Systems and ductwork should be cleaned at least every two years and filters changed out with high efficiency filters every 30 to 60 days. Assure that there are no openings in the ductwork which would pick up contamination in your Crawl Space or Attic areas and distribute the contamination thought the property.
Crawl Space Issues
Issues with your crawl space are, on a consistent basis, the major contributor to environmental problems within your house. These range from inadequate or improper ventilation, limited volume, drainage issues, seasonal flooding, etc. Physical water can penetrate your framing and work it’s way up into your walls and sheetrock, while high humidity works it’s way up through your sub floor, into your carpet or other finished materials contributing to mold growth.
- Assure there are sufficient Crawl Space vents and that they are not blocked.
- Minor humidity issues can normally be resolved with our installation of vent or in line fans and or dehumidification equipment depending on the physical situation.
- Major moisture and seasonal flooding are normally resolved with our installation of a french drainage system.
Vapor barriers can be somewhat effective but installed to control the wrong situation can do more harm then good.
Physical issues on the exterior are major contributors to issues in your crawl space and your property.
- Assure sprinklers are not used excessively and are directed away from the walls.
- Make sure downspouts are connected to dry wells, storm sewers, or drain lines that pipe it away from your property.
- Dirt and aprons should slope away from the property.
- Maintaining your exterior wall finishes help considerable in eliminating water intrusions. Repair cracks, caulk seal and paint on a regular basis.
- Keep shrubs, landscaping and stored materials away from Crawl Space vents.
- Have gutters cleaned on a seasonal basis.
Mold Inspection Testing,Remediation, Water Damage Repair & Structural Drying Services
Mold Inspection and Testing
Mold Remediation & Treatment
Water Damage Repair & Structural Drying
Rely On Us
To evaluate environmental conditions that effect their health, indoor air quality and living environment.
To apply remediation activities that will assure; no cross contamination of unaffected areas; the reduction of mold spores and mycotoxins to acceptable levels.
To structurally dry framing and finish materials for the provention of Mold growth and contamination and as a process in our Mold Remediation and Treatment activities.
Mold Remedies Indoor Environmental Professionals (IEP), Certified Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians (AMRT) and Certified Water Damage Technicians (WRT) are positioned locally to better serve and meet the critical needs of our Customers.
Contact Us Today!
MOLD REMEDIES GUARANTEE
We guarantee that, based on the scope of the workspace areas treated, that these workspaces will pass Post Remediation Validation Testing (PRVT) or we shall re-clean & re-treat for FREE!