Homeowner’s and Renter’s Guide to Mold Cleanup After Disasters[PDF – 2.99 MB]
Español[PDF – 4 MB]
Guidance from CDC, EPA, FEMA, HUD, and NIH on safe mold clean-up after a natural disaster
- Mold Prevention Strategies and Possible Health Effects in the Aftermath of Hurricanes and Major Floods
A report by the CDC Mold Work Group addressing public health concerns related to limiting exposure to mold and identifying, preventing, and managing mold-related health effects following any natural disasters or other occurrences that results in flooding or major water intrusion.
- NIOSH Interim Recommendations for the Cleaning and Remediation of Flood-Contaminated HVAC Systems: A Guide for Building Owners and Managers
A guide for building owners or managers if heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems are flooded … more
- Population-Specific Recommendations for Protection From Exposure to Mold in Buildings Flooded After Hurricanes Katrina and Rita[PDF – 156 KB]
- Protect Yourself from Mold[PDF – 97 KB]
You can protect yourself from health problems after exposure to mold in emergencies or natural disasters …more
- Workplace Safety and Health
Dampness and mold remediation advice for workers …more
- A Brief Guide to Mold, Moisture and Your Home
EPA provides advice on mold cleanup, control, and prevention …more
- Fact Sheet: Flood Cleanup – Avoiding Indoor Air Quality Problems
Flooding in a home or building can affect long-term indoor air quality — advice for cleanup, repairs, and personal safety …more
- Mold Remediation in Schools and Commercial Buildings
Key steps in investigating, evaluating, and remediating moisture and mold problems in schools …more
- Preventing condensation in your home
If it’s hot & humid outside, too much air conditioning can lead to condensation on surfaces and this excess moisture can lead to mold growth [see page 12].
- Replacing your flooring after a flood
If you are repairing your home or building after a flood or hurricane, to prevent mold growth you should be sure your foundation is dry before you replace the flooring.