- December 12, 2017
Many people think their chronic issues are from mold while it can be from other sources such as Formaldehyde. Formaldehyde VOC’s have become a significant health issue.
Formaldehyde; Formaldehyde is a sensitizing agent that is considered a carcinogen, can cause an immune system response upon initial exposure. This colorless, strong-smelling gas is often found in aqueous (water-based) solutions.
Used widely as an industrial fungicide, germicide and disinfectant.
Acute exposure is highly irritating to the eyes, nose, and throat and can make anyone exposed cough and wheeze. Subsequent exposure may cause severe allergic reactions of the skin, eyes and respiratory tract.
Ingestion of formaldehyde can be fatal, and long-term exposure to low levels in the air or on the skin can cause asthma-like respiratory problems and skin irritation such as dermatitis and itching.
The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) considers 20 ppm of formaldehyde to be Immediately Dangerous to Life or Health (IDLH).
Areas – Living and Non Living Areas
Provides: A comprehensive review of formaldehyde in the indoor environment, sources, test results indicate level.